Friday, May 16, 2008

Locally Produced Sparkling Wine and A Seafood Festival


Yesterday, I was able to visit Wolf Mountain Vineyards to check out their new sparkling wine. This is the first local sparkling wine produced in the traditional methode champenoise. They don't have a final product yet (still going through dosage trials), but they have finalized the bottle design and capping. It is beautiful, and I can't wait to do a taste test!




















Do these photos make you want to visit Wolf Mountain for yourself? This is the weekend! This Sunday, May 18 (and next Sunday, May 25) Wolf Mountain Vineyards is hosting a White Wine and Seafood Festival. For $30 per person (wines available separately by the glass or bottle) you can enjoy a sampling of fresh seafood dishes from the Wolf Mountain kitchen. Paired with their uniquely blended white wines (Plenitude won the 2007 silver medal at the San Fransisco Chronicle wine competition) this festival will make for a delicious weekend!

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two of my friends got married last at Wolf Mountain. That place is so pretty! I'm kinda glad you reminded me...I need to run back up there and re-stock!

Melissa said...

I got to try the sparkling wine on Monday and it was really good! They have 3 types - a blanc de blanc, rose and demi-sec. The blanc de blanc was my fave! Comes out in mid-June.