Never turn up your nose in the face of a pound of garlic. Always look on the bright side. Smile, hit our Pinterest board and say, “Gimme Some Garlic, please.” Make 40-clove garlic chicken, roasted garlic hummus or homemade potato garlic gnocchi.
Friday, April 11, 2014
|Photo by Tuan Huynh|
The word’s out. Add King + Duke to your list of places to relax over Sunday brunch! Beginning April 13, Ford Fry’s home for hearth cooking will serve Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the dining room and out on the see-worthy street-side patio. A peek at the menu reveals a venison-inspired bloody mary; smoked fish board with capers, onions, spring onion schmear and house butter crackers; Dutch baby pancake with fruit of the moment and salted maple butter; and “Campfire” North Georgia trout and potato hash with fried eggs and grilled spring onion.
While you’re depriving yourself of leavened breads this Passover, stock up on these naturally delicious and kosher-for-Passover foods and products at Whole Foods Market. Products sold are free from artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners or hydrogenated fats. Organic, all-natural kosher choices abound at special holiday savings.
- Yehuda organic whole wheat matzo from Israel
- Slightly sweet Streit’s egg matzo and Streit’s Shmura matzo
- Streit’s organic matzo ball mixes, including gluten-free options
- Kedem gourmet tilapia gefilte fish with sliced carrots
- Avvio organic 100 percent Concord grape juice
- Kosher Valley fresh or frozen whole or ground turkeys and chickens
- Dairy-free Fox’s U-bet natural dark chocolate syrup
- Harrison’s Sweet Shoppe fruit slices and jelly rings
- Yehuda matzo cake meal
- Harrison’s Sweet Shoppe bittersweet chocolate chips
- Glick’s Finest gluten-free macaroons
- Zeta extra-virgin olive oils
History, traditions and fresh foods meet for Passover at Whole Foods Markets.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Hummingbird sighting on Instagram @hummingbirdhigh. Michelle created and named her blog after moving to mile-high Denver, Colo. and attempting to bake her favorite Hummingbird Bakery cupcake recipes. When the petite cakes fell flat, she learned to wing it and adjust.