Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SIP The Political Experience

I don’t remember politics being so prevalent in the news (and everywhere you turn) in the past. So, when my favorite french pressed java joint, SIP, announced that it would host a fundraiser for presidential candidate, Barack Obama, I decided to see what all the hype was about. The turnout was great! I saw lots of important looking people, so I decided to whip out my camera so I could look more important. I met and took pictures of several people, including Kimmy Cantrell (pictured left). An enormously talented sculptor, Kimmy was gracious enough to donate several pieces to the event’s live auction, which are valued at over $10,000. The crowd was enthusiastic and the lavendar pistachio hot chocolate was heavenly! It was easy to see how people get into politics; especially with those cute “Obama Mama” baby t-shirts, which were sold out early in the evening.

No comments: