Friday, February 15, 2008

Cinnamon .. the real deal

I'm about to make a confession. I am addicted to cinnamon. No one knows this. Well, until now. If a restaurant dish (sweet or savory) has cinnamon in it then I'm ordering it. I sprinkle cinnamon on my cereal instead of sugar. I pour it in my coffee at Starbucks when no one's looking. It's great in soups and chili. Cinnamon flavored candy wins out over chocolate in my book every day. I know, weird.



Every now and then I'll read an article about some health benefits of cinnamon and I give myself a little pat on the back for this healthy habit, while ignoring the articles about how bad Diet Coke is for you! But I really never stopped to think about cinnamon and where it came from and where you get the very best. TSP Spices has a great product that packages teaspoon size packets of organic spices in a beautiful silver tin for cooks and kitchens. Of course I bought the "Sweet Basics" package with "true cinnamon" in it. Their recent blog entry talks about why they chose this title and gives some fun facts about cinnamon. I enjoyed it immensely.

1 comment:

McCall said...

I too have the cinnamon in my coffee addiction! I think it cancels out the negative health effects of our diet coke habits ;)