Simple name, simply wonderful dining experience. In Vinings, 101 Steak is the first place to go to seek out high-quality steaks cut from Prime beef, seafood, a raw bar experience and a selection of more than 100 wines by the glass. The newest restaurant from 101 Concepts (Food 101, Meehan’s Public House and Cibo e Beve) is now open, and owners Steve Buero, Chris Segal and Phil Roness are excited to be a part of the Vinings community. Helming the 101 Steak kitchen is chef/partner Joe Ahn, whose double decades in Atlanta’s culinary scene have won followers at some of the city’s top restaurants. His seasonal menu showcases a multitude of global influences from Asia to Italy to our own Southern food scape -- crispy seafood misto, house-made burrata and heirloom tomatoes with kale pesto and a Big Green Egg-smoked pork chop served with pimento mac-n-cheese, collards and Coca-Cola gastrique. More examples of appetizers, raw bar items, steaks, chops and specialties on the menu include:
- Selection of East and West Coast oysters, sour orange cocktail, pickled ginger mignonette
- Parmesan-crusted roasted marrow bones, onion marmalade, fresh sage, artisan bread
- Caribbean seafood cocktail tossed with diced tomato, red onion, cilantro, avocado, blue corn tortilla and fried plantains
- 32-ounce tomahawk chop – 50-day dry-aged Prime
- Spicy “frutti de mare” with Maine lobster, Georgia shrimp, clams, Spanish octopus and squid ink linguine
- 101 wagyu beef burger, Gruyère, thick smoked bacon, house-made pickles, onion jam and fries
A copper-top raw bar shows off the daily catch of fresh seafood. Beyond the menu, 101 Steak pours a strong beverage program of craft cocktails and beers and a carefully curated list of wines, including 50 properly stored reserve selections by the glass. Wine sippers will appreciate the wine pairing guide with two price points for each dish. Seating options spread from the main dining room, bar and lounge areas to the outdoor patio and multiple private dining rooms.