Bellina Alimentari reminds us that spring is a season of new beginnings -- learning new skills, acquiring knowledge about cheeses and wines, and trying new recipes of tender, fresh ingredients prepared the authentically Italian way. The April class and event roster for the Italian restaurant, market and Culinary Club in Ponce City Market provides a fantastico place to accomplish this worthy goal. Unless otherwise noted, classes occur from 6-7:30 p.m. and cost $45 per person; sales tax will be added at checkout. Register and pay online through each class topic or call 404-330-9933.
- Fresh Pasta, the Italian way -- Mama mia, impress guests with fresh pasta the Italian way in this always popular basic, hands-on cooking class that follows a make/roll/cook/taste (and take home) format Tuesday, April 5 and Wednesdays, April 13 and 27.
- Filled Pasta Making – it’s so easy once you learn techniques in this hands-on class. Plus, students taste and take home their yummy creations. Offered Wednesday, April 6 and Tuesday, April 12. $48 per person.
- Saffron Risotto – discover the art of turning out perfect risotto, a classic Italian dish, on Tuesday, April 19.
- Many Fold Farm Cheeses and Orange Wines are on the night’s menu when multi-award winning cheesemaker Rebecca Williams from Many Fold Farm leads a class pairing her cheeses (some of the best in the U.S.A.) with unique orange wines from Italy on Wednesday, April 20 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.; $28 per person.
- The Bellina Alimentari Spring Dinner celebrates the season’s goodness over a three-course meal featuring a starter, entrée and dessert paired with three delicious natural wines on Tuesday, April 26 from 7-9 p.m. $65 per person.
- Three Wine Three Cheese guided tasting explores some of Italy’s finest natural wines paired with local artisanal cheeses on Thursday, April 28 from 6-7 p.m., $28 per person.