Friday, April 12, 2013

What's The Dish Chef Spotlight: Kevin Gillespie is a Happy Camper



  
Men and women of the toque do get out of the kitchen. Who are these chefs when they hang up their aprons for the night?  We have The Dish, and this week it's on Kevin Gillespie.
So Kevin, we ask, "What are you into right now...besides Gunshow, your soon-to-open Glenwood Park eatery?"

"Camping. I mostly go camping in the North Georgia mountains. I'm not a Low Country camper; my family has mountain roots. My favorite place to camp is along the Georgia/South Carolina border near the Chattooga River. I head out with my dad and uncles. Sure, it's a guys-only thing. We do invite the women -- they just say no. It's not a drive in, park and camp sort of thing. It's a drive in, park, hike and then find a place to sleep sort of thing."

No comments: