Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Deviled Egg Puree Works!


I voiced my concerns a month ago when the menu for Woodfire Grill's Duck Rabbit Brewery Beer Dinner hit my desk. Deviled egg puree? With sauteed veal sweetbreads? Hmmmmm. Not sure that's gonna work for me. But how could I have doubted Chef Kevin Gillespie?
The whole dinner was delicious, with that deviled egg puree one of my favorite flavors of the night. The entree - wood grilled molasses marinated pork leg - was served with a braised pork croquette that was to die for. And the Duck Rabbit Porter paired perfectly. Seriously, I could eat a (small) plate of those croquettes at the bar with this beer and be oh so happy!
I'll admit I was slowing down by dessert time, but the ginger spiced stout cake with the Duck Rabbit Milk Stout was a great, not-too-sweet ending. And I loved that we got to taste the Baltic Porter afterwards.
This was Woodfire's first beer dinner and it was a huge success. I hope they do more. And if they do, I hereby promise that I will not question a single thing about the menu. (And I hope I get that deviled egg puree again soon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks quite interesting! I really wish I could have gone. Now that seed has been planted and I want to go to Woodfire this weekend.

See ya next time!