Treat yourself to learning something new at Bellina Alimentari in Ponce City Market. Midweek classes leave weekends free for gridiron grooving.
- Go from the Market to Italian Table by joining Kenan Hill on a tour of Ponce City Market to source fresh, local ingredients before shopping Bellina for artisanal Italian ingredients. Once the gathering is done, cook a family style fall meal. Tuesday, October 4 from 6:30-8 p.m.; $45 per person.
- Pasta Making is easy once you get the hang of it at this hands-on class followed by a pasta tasting. Wednesdays, October 5 and 12, from 6:30-8 p.m.; $45 per person.
- Introduction to Vermouth encompasses an artisanal vermouth tasting and cocktail pairings featuring Brovo Spirits, Italian bites from the Bellina Alimentari kitchen and a dose of vermouth education from brand ambassador and cocktail specialist Anthony Porquez. Tuesday, October 18 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.; $28 per person.
- You’ll find out why Versatile Vinegar is one of the most useful condiments in your pantry at this tasting of balsamic, wine and grape vinegars. Take recipes for antipasti, dressings, desserts and cocktails. Tuesday, October 25, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; $28 per person.
- Lacto-fermentation is delish in kraut, ketchup, seed crackers, mustards and more. Naturopathic doctor Lupa Irie (Lupa’s Kitchen) will show you how to begin at this Fermentation Celebration demo. Wednesday, October 26 from 6:30-8 p.m.; $28 per person.
- Get Ready for the Holidays and learn how to be the perfect holiday host. At this entertainment prep class, learn how to make a traditional Italian Christmas meal of antipasto, risotto and panettone with custard. Cooking demo followed by full dinner (drinks are not included). Thursday, October 27 from 6:30-8 p.m.; $65 per person.