Ingest useful and delicious new culinary skills this month by participating in one or more Culinary Club cooking or wine classes at Bellina Alimentari in Ponce City Market.
- Pack kids’ lunch boxes, Italian-style, after absorbing easy and fun children’s meal ideas for balanced lunches from Bellina owner and mom Tal Baum during a 10 a.m.-noon class on Thursday, January 14 ($45 per person).
- Youngsters and tweens will have a ball mixing and shaping pasta with mom or dad and chef David Berry during an interactive Kids Kitchen class on Tuesday, January 19 from 4-5 p.m. ($45 for child age 8-12 and adult).
- Find out what makes natural wines so appealing -- and why Bellina loves their honesty. A guided wine tasting traverses Italy’s regions and offers guests five samples accompanied by Italian nibbles, all on Wednesday, January 20 from 6-7 p.m. ($45 per person).
- Rise up and start making your own bread, inspired by chef Berry’s hands-on bread-making class and an accompanying breads and spreads tasting on Tuesday, January 26 from 6-7 p.m. ($45 per person).
- At “Aperitivo Time,” learn how to host your own aperitivo, or Italian happy hour, when people come together for a drink and simple bites before dinner. Learn how to make a Spritz Campari and aperitivo board, eat what you’ve made and receive 10 percent off any market purchase right after class ($45 per person).
Register and pay for classes online (8 percent sales tax will be added) or call 404-330-9933.