Now is the time to enjoy the tail end of lobster season at all six Marlow's Tavern locations...or in your own kitchen. From now through Monday, January 4, Marlow’s Tavern is offering a limited time only “Lobsters & Libations” menu featuring decadent lobster dishes and seasonal cocktails at affordable prices. Marlow's is also sharing the recipe for one of their most popular lobster dishes - Parmesan lobster and crap dip - for guests in need of recipes for upcoming holiday parties.
Recipe for Parmesan Lobster and Crab Dip with Pita Bread: Serves 7
10 oz. sour cream
10 oz. mayonnaise
¾ cup of thinly sliced (1/8”) scallions
1 cup of shredded parmesan
½ cup of mozzarella/ provolone mix
1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, sliced ¼” thick
1 lb of fresh lump crab meat
½ lb of lobster knuckle & claw meat
14 pieces of pita bread
1. In a large mixing bowl, add sour cream and mayonnaise. Mix with a whisk until smooth and well blended.
2. Add the scallions and both cheeses. With a rubber spatula, combine all ingredients well.
3. Add the mushrooms, crab meat & lobster. Gently fold them into the mix.
4. Store in a container until ready to plate for serving.
1. Unwrap the pre-portioned dip and run through the Impinger until golden brown.
2. While the dip is in the oven, place two pieces of pita bread in a Panini machine and toast with crisscross marks.
3. When the dip comes out of the oven, place on an oval platter on one half with a beverage napkin for an under liner.
4. When the bread is done, stack them and cut them in half, lay them on top of each other, cut in half again. Then cut each quarter in half. You want to end up with 16 toast point pieces.
5. Fold a checkered piece of waxed paper in a rocks glass, and stack the pita wedges as high as you can while keeping them solidly in the glass.
6. Place a soup spoon on the side of the crème brulee dish and serve immediately.