Having live music at a restaurant is kinda like having chocolate sauce on your ice cream. Not a necessity, but it sure does make it better. I have really enjoyed some good music this spring, including a recent spur-of-the-moment trip to the 40 Watt Club in Athens. Something about this time of year makes me want to listen, sing and, yes, dance. Here's a quick run-down of some good places to catch some tunes and add a little something extra to your night!
- Salsa, Latin jazz and acoustic guitar rotate through the week -- seven days a week -- at Eclipse di Luna - Miami Circle.
- JCT. Kitchen & Bar takes it to the terrace for live music from 6 – 9 p.m. every Thursday and in the bar on Friday and Saturday nights beginning at 8 p.m.
- Marlow’s Tavern makes music all over town with live music everywhere except Midtown.
- At Marlow’s in Alpharetta, John Oswald plays Thursday nights from 8 – 11 p.m.
- In Marlow's Duluth, Andrew Black takes on Friday nights from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m., and Andy Birdsall entertains Saturdays from 9 p.m. until midnight.
- Local acoustic favorites are popular Thursday and Friday nights from 8 – 11 p.m. at Marlow’s Tavern Northlake.
- There’s a full musical agenda at Marlow’s in Vinings: Under the Porch plays Tuesday nights from 8 – 11:30 p.m.; Andy Birdsall and Dave Onorato take over Wednesdays from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.; Eric Hinton and Troy Rushing perform Thursdays from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.; Nelson Brownstone plays Fridays from 9 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.; Jason Fulton and Troy Rushing cover Saturdays from 9 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.; and Galen Crader finishes the week on Sundays from 8 – 11 p.m.
- Up in Kennesaw, Marlow’s Tavern has live music Fridays and Saturdays from 7 – 11 p.m.