Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chefs Know How to Party!

Yesterday, I attended Share Our Stength's Taste of the Nation event. I had been looking forward to the event, held at the Georgia Aquarium, for quite some time. Participating chefs included John Metz of Aqua Blue; Gerry Klaskala of Aria; Micah Willix of Ecco; Keira Moritz of Pacci (pictured below), Kevin Rathbun and Scott Serpas.
While I had a great time rubbing elbows the likes of Kenny Rogers and his lovely wife Wanda (below), and “sampled” much more than I should have, there is another, less publicized part of the evening that stole the show for me.
The chef after party is where the chefs go to let their hair down, and apparently, let their diets down, too. The night was full of catching up with old friends, making new ones and relaxing after a great Taste of the Nation event.
On the menu: Cheese Wiz and crackers, Slim Jims, Pringles, Gummy Bears on a stick, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, pimento cheese sandwiches, Ho-Hos, Twinkies, Little Debbie Oatmeal sandwiches and Cracker Jacks. But, the night was all about everyone’s favorite menu item: Jell-o shots with Pop Rocks!! Who’d have thought a childhood candy like that could be the star of a party of chefs!?
With a menu that sounds eerily like my 9th birthday sleepover, a room full of chefs and a belly full of tastings from Atlanta’s most celebrated chefs, I had a full night! Can’t wait until next year; I heart chefs!

No comments: