Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Does Everybody Know What Time It Is??

It's Girl Scout cookie time!

It is as if the sweet little Girl Scouts know that I am beginning to give up on my New Year's resolution. They sense that I will give up eating healthy for a box of Thin Mints and Tagalongs. I was suckered into buying a box (ok, three) on Sunday afternoon and I'm already hoping they will be back in the same spot selling boxes again this weekend.
Thin Mints


What is it about these cookies that makes me eat six at a time? I think it has something to do with my childhood. I was a Girl Scout for years and the best part about being one is selling the cookies. My mom was my best customer. She would buy several boxes of thin mints and store them in the freezer. Mmmm, those cookies are best when frozen.



Tagalongs

Boxes are $3.50 and they go quick. AJC's John Kessler noted on his blog, Food & More that the Girl Scouts are putting fewer cookies in boxes this year. That actually makes me feel better that my roommate and I already finished a box of Thin Mints.

I hope you enjoy the photos. I needed an excuse to eat one of each before lunch...

No comments: