Monday, December 1, 2008

Sara in the City: It's not me, it's you.

Dear Thanksgiving Turkey:


I think it's time we call it quits. I love you, but I'm no longer in love with eating you. For a while, things were great. You were fresh, juicy and hot! You lavished me with gifts of stuffing and even and occasional cranberry. You always put my needs first (namely, hunger). We had such fun together!



But slowly, things started to change. Now, you are dry and cold. You don't dress up anymore, I just pull you out of the fridge in Tupperware. And Turkey, there's a lot of you. Why my father decided to fry two of you, I'll never know. I'm tired of turkey sandwiches, and as much as I love cranberry sauce, it's time for a change.


I've found someone new, different, and exotic! He knows just what I need. He's spicy, yet sweet and very filling. He warms me up on cold days like today and he really cares about my need for personalized dipping sauces. His name is Mango Fried Chicken Rice Bowl at Tin Drum Asia Cafe. The great thing is, he doesn't try and mold me to be like him! I can eat with chopsticks if I want, or an easier to use fork. I can eat in or take out. He's never slow and always cheap. (How many Thanksgivings have I waited on you to be done or spent too much money stuffing and dressing you!?)

Basically - It's over. I wish you the best, Turkey. I hope you find your soul mate, or at least someone who can put up with your tryptophan-induced naps.


Good Luck,

Sara


Tin Drum Asia Cafe has several locations including Lindbergh, Dunwoody, Midtown, Ga Tech and GSU. For more info visit http://www.tindrumcafe.net/.

And for all you turkeys looking for a makeover after your breakup, go here for some leftover turkey recipes!

No comments: