Friday, November 7, 2008

White Oak Pastures Fall Festival on Saturday

Everyone around here knows that I jump at any excuse to visit White Oak Pastures. And considering it's 3.5 hours one-way, that's saying a lot! But there's something so, well, American, about being out on a farm in the sun, socializing with friends, and eating a delicious grass-fed burger. So, I'm pretty bummed that I'm going to miss this one, but the pilot on my flight to Santiago refused to budge on the departure time. Those Delta employees can be so bitter!

Will Harris has planned a Fall Festival for tomorrow, Nov. 8, and it's sure to be a wonderful day. You can tour the ranch White Oak Pastures, try your hand at skeet shooting (I suck at it), listen to music, and enjoy local food samples from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Bluffton, Georgia. Have a burger for me and I promise to have a glass of Chilean wine for you!

Click here for directions. Find out more about grass-fed beef and Georgia’s other sustainable food sources at Slow Food Atlanta.White Oak Pastures: 22775 Highway 27, Bluffton, Georgia; (229) 641-2081.

No comments: