Thursday, September 4, 2008

Like Your Mother Taught You: Share!


I'm conflicted about sharing. Toothbrushes, feelings, and closets: no, thank you. Appetizers, entrees and desserts: absolutely! But sharing with people I don't know has never been big on my list, so when Ecco started the Sunday Share last year, I was a little unsure about whether I would like it. I went to the first one to check it out and LOVED it. These people weren't strangers - they were people who loved food and wine just like me - and the conversations about restaurants, travel, cooking and fun made us all instant friends. Well, that and the delicious food and great wine specials! Many of the people I sat with on that first night have returned every month since.


So, I encourage you sharers and those who aren't quite sure to give it a try. This Sunday, Sept. 7th, is your chance when they celebrate "Grand-mère's Cuisine." What grandmother cooked so lovingly to comfort tummies and warm hearts, Ecco's Executive Chef Micah Willix has refined to satisfy grownup palates. It's only $25 per person (includes tax and gratuity) and they'll have drink specials. Pull up a chair at the communal table at 6:30 p.m. sharp (don't be late to grandma's). And please let her know you're coming by making your reservation today: 404-347-9555. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments: