Monday, July 28, 2008

Local Tomatoes Make For A Sweet Ending

To end the week of eating local, my roommate and I decided on a menu with a theme of tomatoes. First let me say that the reason I had breakfast for dinner at the beginning of the challenge was because my roommate was out of town. She is the cook in the apartment and I am helpless without her (thanks, Sara!). We hit up the neighborhood Whole Foods Market after a long Sunday at the pool. Since the sun had drained most of our energy, we decided on something simple.

Caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Via Elisa ricotta & spinach ravioli with tomato sauce.


The dinner table (aka our coffee table) spread includes fresh sundried tomato and basil bread from Whole Foods Market.

Vanilla Gelato Mio for our dessert!

Whole Foods Market angel food cake with vanilla Gelato Mio and fresh strawberries - yum!

For more photos of our team taking the Eat Local Challenge, visit our flickr page.

No comments: