Monday, March 15, 2010

Uncharted Territories


Next Monday, March 22, Morton’s in Downtown Atlanta will be hosting a Glenlivet Scotch Tasting event from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Now, it is a bit of an understatement when I say I'm not really a Scotch drinker. I think I've probably had one sip in my entire life and I definitely didn't enjoy that sip enough to go after a second taste, but my husband is a HUGE Scotch lover so I dutifully agreed to attend. After I made our reservations though I got to thinking - last year I attended a bourbon tasting that Morton's Downtown hosted and I had the exact same attitude. I didn't like bourbon and I didn't think I ever would. Wow, did that tasting change my mind! Not only did I realize that I actually like bourbon, the Brown Derby is my cocktail of choice these days!

So, I've decided to enter these uncharted territories with an open mind this time around.
A Glenlivet Ambassador will be there to lead us through a proper Scotch tasting with four of The Glenlivet's critically acclaimed single malts. They will be paired with selections from Morton's classic hors d'oeuvres menu. Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be sipping Scotch like a pro...

The cost for this event is $49 per person, which includes tax and gratuity. Space is limited so make your reservation early!

No comments: