Friday, April 3, 2009

Uncork A Cure...An Inspi(red) Event


I enjoyed a fun filled night of wine sampling, food tasting, mingling and auction bidding at the ARCA's 19th annual Uncork a Cure. The Foundry at Puritan Mill was a wonderful space to hold such a large event. Although I sipped many fabulous wines, I have to say the most clever was Cabernet Glavingnon, Tom Glavin's new wine.
Now on to the food. My first bite was a trout snack from Shane Touhy at Dogwood.

I was then drawn to a field of strawberry topped sushi from Steel.

While at the sushi plate, I eyed mini beers and chocolate dessert from Gordon Biersch. The beer tasting was refreshing after all the wine.

My sweet tooth was satisfied again with a red velvet cupcake from Highland Bakery.

Back to the savory side for steak and mashed potatoes courtesy of Morton's Steakhouse.

As the night is winding down, I visit El Taco for a pork filled tortilla.

And to end my culinary adventure, I stopped at Eclipse di Luna for a taste of Ben McPherson's unique combination of popcorn and shrimp.

Any event that encourages me to indulge on dessert in between wine tastings and food samplings is a success! Uncork the Cure 2009 proved to be a relaxed yet elegant event for a wonderful cause.

No comments: