Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Look at The Nook, on Piedmont Park



A fried Twinkie? I knew before I had it that it was going to be a hit in my book. I mean honestly who can turn down fried desserts- I for one, can not. Imagine funnel cake with a creamy filling… it was scrumptious! The fried Twinkie wasn’t the only highlight of my meal at The Nook, the meal as well as the ambience was perfect for a relaxing Monday evening.



I was fortunate enough to visit The Nook prior to their opening and used my visit as a chance to get a sneak peek at their upscale tavern food. I started my meal with the seared scallops Napoleon- two scallops topped with roasted corn guacamole. The guacamole was a great balance to the sweet taste of scallops and had a smoky southwestern flavor that I ate right up. My chicken wrap didn’t disappoint either. My wrap was made up of warm chicken, goat cheese and spinach paired with tots. And from my prior confession- you know I couldn’t turn down a fried Twinkie to top the whole meal off. The meal was fun and the menu had character.



I can’t wait to visit The Nook, on a warm spring day and sit outside on the patio overlooking the park. The view combined with a cool beverage could make anyone’s day. Next up on my list to try out… the “Totchos” and sweet tea ice cream!

No comments: