Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner

As Meryl posted yesterday, our office is taking the Eat Local Challenge that Whole Foods Market Buckhead has issued. This challenge is more than just eating local for me seeing as I am not good at cooking. I went over the few things that I know how to make in my head and decided on French toast. I was able to find all the ingredients at Whole Foods on my way home from work. The French bread is made fresh each day at the Buckhead location I visited and the eggs are from Latta Family Farm in Hillsborough, NC. The milk comes from Sparkman's Cream Valley made in Colquitt County, GA and my special last minute find were blackberries from The Orchard in Cross Plains, TN.


Since I'm not a cook, I don't know how to give the recipe. It was something taught to me when I was growing up so I just play it by ear. No measurements. Here is quick run down: crack one egg for every two pieces of toast, add some milk (but not too much) and top the batter off with cinnamon. See picture below. Soak both sides of the bread in the batter and cook on the skillet, medium heat. Continue adding cinnamon as needed. When finished top with powdered sugar, fruit and syrup. I usually have more patience and time to cook this for dinner, but French toast is also good for breakfast - enjoy! For more photos of our team participating in the Eat Local Challenge, go to our flickr page! Feel free to share your pictures with us. Just tag them with "atlwfm" and we'll find 'em.

No comments: