Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Whole Foods Market In Midtown Hosts "A Taste of Local" Wine Dinner



When I first heard that Whole Foods Market in Midtown was hosting a wine dinner, I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing...a grocery store hosting a wine dinner? Where would we all sit? What type of food would they serve? Well, my curiosity got the best of me, so I decided to sign up to attend the event last night. And, boy, am I glad I did! For $20 per person, I was able to enjoy a six-course meal with wine pairings. What a steal! The marketing store leader explained to me that they host a wine dinner every month with a different theme. They are all five to seven courses and include wine. Last night's theme was "A Taste of Local" which featured all local purveyors such as Wolf Mountain Vineyards and grass-fed beef from White Oak Pastures. I was quite impressed with the ambiance as well -- the staff pushed all of the tables together and covered them with white table cloths. I even saw people bringing in candleabras, just for the occasion. Over 80 people attended last night, many who had been in before. If you're looking for an out-of-ordinary wine dinner that offers great food and value, I highly recommend signing up to attend. Call the store for reservations -- 404-853-1681.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a cool event, and the picture looks casual. Thanks for sharing. Is there a certain day each month that they host the wine dinner?
I'm going to link back to your post on the atlanta.net forum.

Marissa said...

Hey Brianne,
They host the wine dinners the fourth Tuesday of the month. Next month is July 22 and has some type of Mediterranean theme.