Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scotch-licious

Last night, I attended a Glenlivet Scotch Tasting at Morton's The Steakhouse in Downtown Atlanta. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I am not a Scotch drinker, or really even a Scotch liker, at all, but I went in to last night's tasting with high hopes that they could change my mind.

Randy Adams, one of only five Glenlivet Brand Ambassadors, succeeded on all accounts! We sampled the 12 year, the 15 year French oak, the 16 year Nadurra and the 18 year (all paired with Morton's delicious signature appetizers). While I found most of the Scotches a little strong for my taste, I was blown away with the 18 year. It was filled with scents of honey and vanilla and with a splash of water I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Before the evening ended, I got to draw the name of one lucky participant to win two tickets to The Single Malt and Scotch Whisky Extravaganza at the Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel on Thursday night. Greg was so happy he won that he bought me a drink at the bar afterwards as a thank you! A new appreciation for Scotch, a few mini-steak sandwiches and a complimentary glass of wine later, I've deemed last night a fantastically fun time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Scotch EXTRAVAGANZA is Exposure and Education on a Grand scale. Stop by the Tower Beer, Wine & Spirits table and visit.

CHEERS!

Gregg