Thursday, July 23, 2009

Taste & Tour of Cheshire Bridge 2009



Last night I attended the much-anticipated foodie event on Cheshire Bridge -- the Taste & Tour of Cheshire Bridge. Many of the restaurants offered tastings and tapas while high-end businesses offered product samples, discounts and raffles. Tickets were only $10 per person for a one-day pass to check out all the places participating on Cheshire Bridge Road. Proceeds went to benefit Open Hand Atlanta. Included in the fee was transportation provided by a trolley, but we decided to walk since it was such a nice night out. Food highlights from the evening included teriyaki shrimp and sushi rolls at Nakato, poached shrimp on toast points at Woodfire Grill, ricotta cheescake at Alfredo's and wonderul Ethiopian food at Amy's Ethiopian Cafe. I really liked this event because in addition to tasting food from the restaurants, I also got go inside the restaurants and check out the space. My only regret is that I didn't get there earlier enough to make it to all of the restaurants! And, my feet were a little too tired to make the trip down to Rain (new Thai restaurant). If you're counting pennies and looking for something fun to do - I highly recommend going. The last night for the tasting and tour is tonight - you can purchase tickets at Nakato as well as other restaurants.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds AMAZING. I wish I had been back home in Atlanta this week!