Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Celebrating One Year at Dogwood

I remember the first time I met Shane Touhy and Scott Black. Dogwood was just a gleam in their eyes at that point, but I knew it was going to be a wonderful restaurant. One year later and everyone knows! The one year anniversary dinner last night was fabulous! Five courses paired with Falcor wines, benefitting Breast Friends. What a celebration! My favorite dish was the smoked pheasant meatballs with apricot gastrique, black pepper and summer truffle aioli paired with 2005 Falcor Syrah. YUM. My friend's fave was the Coca-Cola marinated duck breast (above) with coffee cous cous, carrot marmalade and red wine aioli, served with the Falcor 2003 "Le Bijous" meritage. And of course our favorite bartender was Doc!
It was a rough year to open a restaurant, much less such a beautiful, ambitious one. These guys never wavered in their vision, no matter what. We're lucky to have them and I can't wait to celebrate more milestones with them.

No comments: