Friday, December 12, 2008

Food Photography Workshop at Eclipse Di Luna


I want to extend a huge thank you to Frank and Max of Atlanta Photography for teaching the MLA team the tricks of photographing food last night. Eclipse Di Luna was the perfect restaurant to practice taking photos in dim mood light. I quickly discovered that shooting food has unique challenges, and I was not using my point and shoot camera to its full potential. With a few tips on restaurant lighting, camera angles and composition, our photographs drastically improved. The top take away from the workshop was to turn off your flash! From now on, the MLA team and I are ready to take food photos with confidence.

www.atlantaphotography.org

www.eclipsediluna.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It boggles me how many foodies out there haven't figured out the turn off the flash technique. If you hold 'er steady it is an instant 100x improvement.