Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Times, They Are A Changin’ . . .Morton’s The Steakhouse And Woodfire Grill Are Extending Hours


For some reason, my body doesn’t adjust well to the new time when the clock goes forward in the spring. When the time changes in the fall, however, it feels like I just won the clock lottery, a “cloctery,” if you will. This year, I got a little preview on my cloctery feeling when some of my favorite spots made time changes of their own.

Morton’s The Steakhouse, usually a dinner only spot, is adding special 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. lunch hours on December 11, 12, 18 and 19 at both Atlanta locations. Go for the amazing steak, stay for the delectable carrot cake.


Morton’s The Steakhouse-Buckhead: Peachtree Lenox Building, 3379 Peachtree Road, NE; 404-816-6535.

Morton’s The Steakhouse-Downtown: SunTrust Plaza Building, 303 Peachtree Center Avenue; 404-577-4366.


Woodfire Grill, Atlanta’s favorite farm-to-table restaurant, added another day and an extra half hour to dinner time. Does that mean that, although I just celebrated my birthday, I am actually getting younger since I have more time to enjoy fresh favorites, like local sweet corn soup ($8)? Wishful thinking, perhaps... Anyway, starting November 3, the Midtown restaurant will be open for dinner Monday through Saturday, and doors will open a half hour earlier at 5:30 p.m. instead of 6 p.m.

Woodfire Grill: 1782 Cheshire Bridge Road; 404-347-9055.

No comments: