Monday, October 13, 2008

Date Night With Diver Scallops


Periodically, the hubby and I try our hand at working cooperatively by cooking “together.” We systematically look for a recipe, shop for all the ingredients and spend an evening preparing it. Typically, this means he walks and talks to me while I shop for the ingredients, then, I cook and he assists. This is actually a great system for us since, in the end, it’s mostly about the time we share in the kitchen, and I tend to be more adventurous when it comes to tweaking the recipe.


Our next dish is courtesy of Todd Annis, executive chef of Bold American Catering. This week, his diver scallops with arugula recipe is featured in the “Key Ingredient” column of The Sunday Paper. I can’t wait to try it, since Annis notes that this is a quick and easy recipe, hopefully even we can’t mess it up. According to the chef, the most important things is to make sure to pick good, fresh ingredients, which works well with my effort to buy sustainable products.


Although I am sure they will not look as good as Annis', we're going to give it a whirl. I’ll be sure to keep you updated with photos when we try it…wish us luck!

No comments: