Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Eat and Drink for a Living...Jealous? You Should Be!

I have such a long day tomorrow! Sure there’s the typical 9-6 workday, but, after that, I “have to” go to a wine tasting. Did I say “have to”? I meant “get to”!! I feel so sorry for my friends who work long hours and at the end of the day, they are too worn out to attend anything social. My days may be long, but my job allows me to merge my social agenda with my career ambition.

On tomorrow’s schedule, Maximilian Riedel himself will host this wine tasting at Morton’s The Steakhouse Buckhead from 6 to 7:30 p.m. (Thursday, August 28). The Austrian native is an 11th generation glassmaker and the CEO of Riedel Crystal USA, so it’s appropriate that he bring his own glasses to the table. And, he’s sending a set of four glasses home with attendees after sipping, supping and usurping tips on how wine glass shapes do affect a wine’s personality. $70 per person (including tax and gratuity) covers wine, appetizers and includes your Riedel glassware gift. For reservations, call 404-816-6535.

Jealous yet? I knew you would be!

No comments: