Sunday, July 27, 2008

Marissa Eats Local



It was my day to take the Eat Local Challenge. After many hours of pondering what local product I wanted to use, I decided to swing by my favorite pasta shop -- Via Elisa Pasta. I always love to stop into this place because you can actually see them making the pasta so you know you're getting the freshest available, and because of the many yummy samples of Italian food out to taste. I've found myself on many occassions purchasing more than just pasta. They have tasty cookies, cheeses and olive oil.



I hardly ever can decide what to get because they have a great selection, and everything is tasty.

I decided to go with one of my all-time favorites -- Passionately Perfect Tomato Sauce and three-cheese ravioli. Simple, yet, very flavorful!

I rushed home to make a fabulous lunch for myself. And, here is the finished product -- 15 minutes in boiling water for the pasta, and only about 10 in a saucepan for the sauce.
















No comments: