Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who's the Best?

Atlanta magazine's Best of Atlanta party was last night at the Cobb Galleria Centre, and, in terms of restaurants, it really was the best of Atlanta! All the hot spots were there, including Ecco, Fogo de Chao, the GLOBE and Watershed. Yum!

The Cobb Galleria isn't my first choice for an event like this; as my favorite GLOBE bartender said, "it has no soul." BUT, that certainly didn't keep the crowds away; by 8:30 p.m. most of the top restaurants were already out of food?!




Some of the standout dishes from the evening included GLOBE's Campari sorbet with homemade lemon sugar cookies, Via Elisa's sweet potato gnocchi, and Watershed's custard with blood orange sauce. I'm sure I would have loved Ecco's dish too, but it must have been everyone's favorite since they were totally out by the time I got there. Fogo served mini-bites of bacon-wrapped filet, lingucia sausage and beef ancho. The linguica sausage has always been my preferred cut of meat at Fogo, and it was just the right mix of salty and spicy to temper all the sweet treats of the evening.

Overall, it was a tasty evening out!

No comments: