Monday, March 17, 2008

Vodka Wishes and Caviar Dreams at Morton's Buckhead

Friday night Morton's in Buckhead hosted a vodka and caviar tasting. Yep, you read correctly - vodka and caviar. Would you expect me to say anything other than it was truly a night of decadence??

The evening started on the right foot when I spied the four gorgeous Mortinis offered for the evening. Morton's made a brilliant decision by offering half pours of each Mortini so you could try each one: straight up, raspberry, lemon thyme or cucumber. As bizarre as it may sound, the cucumber was by far my favorite, served with a salt and pepper rim with tiny bits of muddled cucumber floating in vodka. It was a great flavor combination.

The vodka being featured during the tasting was Imperia vodka; I know, I had never heard of it either. The distributor assured me it was an ultra-premium Russian vodka, and, after a side by side comparison with Grey Goose, I was sold. It put Grey Goose to shame!

Hors d’oeuvre included Petrorussian caviar on toast points, tiny spoons of cream cheese topped with caviar, sliced smoked salmon, tuna tartare canapés and sliced tenderloin on crostini. All in all, it was a completely delicious and decadent evening!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yum - cucumber martini - sounds delish.