Thursday, January 31, 2008

An Interview with the Pasta Princess: Elisa Gambino


Elisa Gambino, owner of Via Elisa Fresh Pasta, answers a few questions about her life outside the pasta shop. But if you want to know more about her pasta and how healthy pasta can be, read this article from yesterday's AJC.
What's your fondest childhood memory?
Finding a blue velvet winter coat under the Christmas tree when I was 10.
What's your most memorable moment?
Meeting Nelson Mandela during the first free elections in South Africa.
Who's the most famous person you've cooked for?
Paul McCartney and his band.
Who's your favorite singer?
I love Seal and think he is so sexy.
If you were on a deserted island and could only take one kitchen tool, what would it be?
I'd take my food mill so my sauce would be nice and smooth.
Do you have a facebook page?
Yes, I have one and so does the store. Sign up to be my friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun interview! i just discovered via elisa's diavoletta sauce - got it with fresh paparedelle (sp?) one night for dinner and it was divine. just enough spice!

kristina

Anonymous said...

I'm a chef here in town who shall remain nameless, but I want to state for the record that Via Elisa pasta is just about the finest pasta short of making it at home. And since Elisa brings in the finest organic flour direct from Italy, chances are her pasta is even finer than your own. Drop by her shop and let her tell you in person what makes her products so special and unique. Her products are also sold at Whole Foods Market if a trip to Elisa's Buckhead shop is a long haul.

I'm not any kind of paid endorser or anything like that. My favorite cooking includes local and seasonal ingredients so Via Elisa is one of the few shortcuts I take in my kitchen at home.

Hats off to you, Elisa.